Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good day, birthday, thing-a-day

Well, tomorrow I turn 42. That means, I believe, that I will receive the ultimate answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything. Right? Right? No?

Oh well. I actually feel good about another b-day rolling around, and I'm having an especially good pre-b-day. I'm working from home today, doing several illustrations for the advertising team at work. This is the first time I've ever done this...and let me tell you, I like it. I could get used to this (though who knows if or when I'll be able to do it again). I though being at home would be too distracting to work, but in reality, I spend more time working here. I feel guilty if I stop and look outside or something. So I've gotten a good amount done, which has been nice. I'll be excited when I can post some of the work I've done, but I don't know yet when it's all going to be out there...I can say this, though: there will actually be billboards in this country that have my drawings on them. Strange! And cool!

Finally, someone from work sent out a link to this site: http://www.thing-a-day.com/ - Thing-A-Day. The idea is that for the month of February, you create something every day. Presumably you post it on their Wordpress blog, but I'll probably just post mine here. It seems like a great way to keep motivated (and a hell of a lot easier than NaNoWriMo!). So try it out.

That's it - back to work! Oh weird - I want to do work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday!

Congrats on the freelance gig. Yep, working from home is NICE. You'd be surprised how easily you can focus and how much you can get done(if you don't have a DH coming in every 5minutes....)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've produced. I'll check out that thing-a-day .

A freind recently turned me on to "shelfari." Basically , you build and post a virtual library of what you are reading, what you have read, want to read, own, etc. @@ DH has been loading his up, I've barely started...

Have a great weekend Sonya and hope you get to celebrate in some way. ^^

take care and ttyl