Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm in Anchorage


...at the Chili's, the only restaurant that appears to be available at the airport. And, like smaller airports around the US, there's free wifi - yay! We looked up some Dutch Harbor facts while we ate, and looked at the websites of some of the fishing boats (how strange is it that they have websites at all?).

Our next flight is in a couple of hours, so I'll have time to get another book: I finished nearly 3/4 of what I was reading on the flight over. Hopefully I'll be able to upload some photos when we get to the hotel at Dutch Harbor. It's snowing here; strange to come to a place where everything's white, when it was fairly temperate at home.

Shown here are the little planes that PenAir flies out to Dutch. They're Saab planes, and they are pretty darn small.

No comments: