Saturday, January 24, 2009

Busy busy busy


I feel like I'm getting a lot done this year, so far. The show at Mission for the West Seattle Art Walk was great; it was a fantastic venue and a lot of great people came. I sold two pieces there, and brought the others in to work for our studio gallery. Folks have been giving me a lot of positive feedback, which has been very encouraging.

I had new business cards printed last week, and have finally done something with my website. The old site was built back in 2006, if you can believe that! I did it myself with Adobe GoLive, which was fine, but it was never all that professional looking. I decided to shop around for a hosted, template-based site for the next incarnation, and after a lot of research settled on a company called "Other Peoples' Pixels." They provide an integrated portfolio design platform which is really easy to use and update. I like it a lot.

Here's the new site: SonyaReasor.com - if you're interested, please take a look and let me know what you think.

I'm also taking an intermediate design class over at SVC, as part of their wonderful "teach a class, take one free" program. I'm looking forward to working on the assignment - a package design project - and building a design portfolio. If all goes well, I can integrate illustration and design and maybe, just maybe, do something different for a living soon. Prepress is great, and despite its craziness, I do like where I work, but I'm really ready to grow and try some new things. I hope 2009 is the year that happens. Right now, I'm doing all I can to make it happen!

The photo above is my Dragonfly drawing; walnut ink and colored pencil on an antique book page.

No comments: